Great parties are planned, yet they seem to have an element of surprise, and spontaneity. Have you been to a party or event that you just can’t get out of your mind? Was it that which you expected that made it memorable, or was it the ease to which you mingled and shared with the other guests that made it great?
We believe the things that make a party great are:
– a good plan for food, location, and help
– reliable and courteous catering
– adequate seating, and a layout that encourages interaction
– time for you to enjoy your guests
– great food and refreshments that span the evening
– range in you guest list
– entertainment that connects with the personality of your guests
In order to pull off an event you need time to plan, and help to get things done. Time to think it through, firm up the plan, and to get your invitations out, will vary depending on the event. Weddings take months, sometimes a year, while more casual occasions can take as little as a day or two.
Try to envision what you guests will need to feel comfortable, and relaxed, as you develop your concept of the event. Then in addition to those requirements, build in a few special touches that are unique to your personality. We love to include our friends in something that makes us pull together – like making home made ice cream or margaritas. Parties often take a life of their own, but a little planning goes a long way.